May 28th, 2023
May 28th, 2023
Thank you to
Interested in being a sponsor?Learn more
Each year in Canada
Over 3,100 women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer
Over 1,950 will die from their disease
10:00am Event Registration Opens
10:30am Event Kick Off
11:00am Take the Plunge!
Key Information for Plungers
- Register to Take the Plunge: Go to register.plungeforthecure.org to register to participate as an individual, as a team with a group of friends, or together with your colleagues as a corporate team.
- Invite Team Members: To invite others to take the plunge with you and join your team, use the "Invite Team Members" link on your team page. You can also share your team page on social media, email it to friends and family, and encourage them to join you in the fight against ovarian cancer.
- Setup your Fundraising Page: Once you have registered you can setup your Plunge fundraising page. Set your fundraising goal, customize the text, and upload an image. All it takes is a few sentences for a supporter to understand why this cause is important to you and motivate them to donate.
- Reach out to your Contacts: Email your family, friends, neighbours, co-workers, friends of friends, and distant relatives Explain your connection to ovarian cancer, why it's important to you, and how it has touched your life. Let them know that the event will raise funds for drug and treatment development for ovarian cancer through the world-renowned UBC/VGH research facilities in Vancouver. Ask them to support you by donating and include the link to your fundraising page.
- Get Social: Please follow and like our social media pages to stay updated on our Plunge for the Cure event and fundraising efforts. Help spread the word by sharing our posts with your friends and family. Leave a comment and tell us why you support the fight against ovarian cancer Together, we can make a difference! Spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Follow Up: Don't forget to regularly update your network via email and social media with your fundraising and donation requests. Remember, every dollar raised goes towards life-saving research to crush ovarian cancer. Your updates and reminders can make a real difference in reaching your goal and supportng this important cause.
Learn More About Uswho are we?
Plunge for the Cure
The Plunge for the Cure Foundation is a registered Canadian charity that was established to raise funds for drug and treatment development targeting ovarian cancer.
Plunge for the Cure culminates in an annual event on the last Sunday in May. The inaugural Plunge event will take place on Sunday, May 28th, 2023 at Kitsilano Beach in Vancouver, BC.
NEWS RELEASE: Vancouver Group Launches “Plunge for the Cure” Benefitting Ovarian Cancer Research
Today, a group of Vancouverites launched the Plunge for the Cure Foundation a registered Canadian charity that was established to raise funds for drug and treatment development targeting ovarian cancer. The Plunge for the Cure culminates in an annual event on the last Sunday in May. The first inaugural event will take place on Sunday, May 28th, 2023 at Kitsilano Beach in Vancouver, BC.